Built in 1837, this historic home was originally the residence of Captain Charles Hunter and his family. Located in the heart of Newport’s Kay-Catherine neighborhood, the residence’s modern touches are comfortably paired with period architecture including the elegant, curved staircase that greets visitors in the stately entry hall.
The property features gleaming hardwood floors, detailed moldings, original dining room fireplace, mantlepiece and chandelier, ductless air-conditioning with supplemental heating, 7 en-suite bedrooms, three apartments, a carriage house for storage with a finished second story, a fully fenced private back yard loaded with flowering plants, trees and fire pit and a full length porch perfect for watching the activity along Kay Street.
Completely renovated over the past few years, the property is extraordinarily well maintained and consistently updated, with the most recent project of installing a new exterior back staircase and decking featuring Trex flooring with Azek rails and trim.
At nearly 8,000 square feet of living space and almost a half acre of land, this property is a rare find in central Newport.